UAMS Patient Tower
Little Rock, Arkansas
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects
This project involved demolition of an existing 90,000 SF facility to make room for the new Patient Tower that includes:
- 12 operating room suites
- 204 standard patient rooms (21 are isolation rooms)
- Two new neurosurgical operating rooms (in existing Ward Tower)
- 24 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patient rooms
- 58 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patient rooms
- 18,000 SF Radiology Department
- 15 elevators
- full-service helipad landing
The UAMS Patient Tower totals 660,000 SF with a 410-bed capacity.
This project also included a new parking deck with 1,000 spaces intended primarily for patients and visitors. The deck is located on the lower floors of the new hospital and extending underground.